Thinking of coming to Tanzania for a safari ? Seven Wonders Safaris has put up packages that will suit your time and budget. Perhaps you are wondering where to go, the best destinations in Tanzania or even where to stay while on Safari? We have all these questions answered by our destination experts.
Regardless of whether you are searching for a luxurious Tanzania Safari or just the simple budget safari, Seven Wonders Safaris have all it takes to arrange the best safari in Tanzania for you and your loved ones !
Tanzania is one of the best countries on the African continent where you can enjoy a true African safari as it prides of impressive landscapes, and outstanding populations of wildlife best seen its various national parks.
We do arrange safari packages based on your time, number of days and budget.
Visit the broken caldera to see the Wildebeests, Buffaloes, Zebras, Giraffes, Hippos, Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs and so much more. More
It is well known for its great number of flamingoes as well at the tree climbing lions. You will see lots of bird species in this lake area. More
Visit the above world heritage sites for great wildlife tours where you shall see lots of animals including the lions, elephants, giraffe… More
Take a safari to the greatest attraction destinations of Tanzania on a game viewing wildlife adventure tour in Africa, best of the wild in Africa. More
Lake Manyara, to Serengeti National Park and then Ngorongoro Crater – Tanzania’s gem, and among the greatest wildlife havens in the world. More
Enjoy the sights of the rich wildlife in this area, including the big five animals, elephant, lion, buffalo,leopard, Rhino and so many more. More
Experience Tanzania’s northern national parks including the Ngorongoro Crater area, Lake Manyara as well as Tarangire & Serengeti. More
Visit Tarangire, Lake Eyasi, Tarangire, Ngorongoro crater and Serengeti Game reserve in Tanzania. Lots of sighseeing tours in Tanzania. More
Where to Go on Safari in Tanzania?
- Ngorongoro Crater Animals are trapped in a broken caldera basically congregate to graze, hunt, survive and ultimately die.
- Serengeti Safari The vastness of the plains serves as home to one of the largest populations of wild animals in the whole world.
- Selous Game Reserve The most attractive wildlife Tanzania safari viewpoint in Africa ideal for more adventure in the less traveled parts of Africa.
- Lake Manyara Named after the lake Manyara, this park hosts a large number of elephants plus the tree-climbing lions.
- Tarangire Find the true breeze of the formerly regarded ‘Undiscovered Africa’ especially the southern section of this less visited park.
- Mahale Mountains Thinking of watching the primates in Tanzania ? Mahale is home to largest population of chimpanzees in the whole world.
- Zanzibar Holidays Family holidays, relax at the romantic beaches of Zanzibar, lots of activities including, swimming, diving and so much.
What to do ,Tanzanian Safari?
Tanzania bird checklist that consist of over 1100 species. Even novices to encounter at least 50 to 100 species.
Enjoy splendid game drives in this various parks busting with a variety of wildlife. Great opportunities of photography.
Enjoy breathtaking sights of the peak which is the highest roof in Africa. Great trekking packages available for adventure climbers.
Tanzania is one of the best countries on the African continent where you can enjoy walking safaris.
Freshness of African air, chills on your face by the wind that thumps you is all part of the greatness you will enjoy.
Approximately 1.5 million Wildebeest and Zebras annually migrate between Tanzania and Kenya. A trip of a lifetime indeed.
Explore the true traditional life style of the people living in these rural areas and witness the way of life in Africa!!
Tanzania offers a lot to families vacationing with children. Lots of safari activities to kids of all ages.
From Safari Blog
- Tanzania and Kenya partner in tourism education July 3, 2014
- Tanzania cuts hunting quota by 50% July 2, 2014
- Tanzania locals encouraged to visit tourist sites and attractions July 1, 2014
- 500 more conservators expected for Tanzania tourism June 30, 2014
How many animals will i see?
With lots of animals in Tanzania, this destination tops the list when it comes to African Tanzania safari adventures. You will find over Four million animals within the wilds of Tanzania, from over 430 species, in accordance with Lonely Planet. Also there are over 1,000 bird species, 60,000 insect species and 100 snake species. In brief, Tanzania is a destination to view a great diversity of wild animals living within their natural environment. Google+
One of the frequently asked quesion is how much will a Tanzania safari cost ? What really determines the cost or price for a trip the the type of accommodation that you choose. A luxury Tanzania safari lodge will definately cost you higher than a campsite or hostel.
We arrange private Tanzania safaris, meaning that you and your friends will be the only ones using our safari vehicle and guide. Some of our safaris are meant for a couple or wife and husband or with a small group of friends, from 2 to 6 persons. We also arrange family Tanzania safari vacations that favor the comfort of your children.
Thinking of having a successful trip to Tanzania but not sure of where to stay? Tanzania as a tourism destination has lodges , hotels and camps that cater for every type of budget, from the cheap or shoestring traveller to the luxurious tourist. Where you will stay will depend on how much you can raise for your safari. Its always the accommodation aspect that makes the Tanzania safari cheaper or expensive.
- Why You Should Visit Tanzania
- How to get to Tanzania for Safari ?
- How to Get A Tourist Visa To Tanzania ?
- Immunization and Health
- When to go to Tanzania ?
- What to carry ?
- Money and Currency
- What to do on Safari ?
- What to Wear on Safari ?
- Is Tipping Allowed?
- How about Travel Insurance ?
- Travel Advisory and Security?
In case your main cause of visiting Africa is to experience a variety of African wildlife in pristine wilderness, then certainly Tanzania must be your destination of preference. You simply can’t match the wildlife numbers present in Tanzania.
The parks plus wildlife safari reserves in Tanzania are populated by huge herds of wildebeests distributed over the Serengeti savannah, large numbers of elephants plus buffaloes, in addition to plains game plus their predators. The animals roam freely, just like they have for millions of years ago.
Ways to get to big cities within Tanzania :There are a number of airlines that serve from Asia, US, Middle East and Europe to Tanzania; To Kilimanjaro International Airport; Ethiopian Airlines, KLM plus Kenya Airways .
To Dar es salaam Airport; Gulf Air, British Airways, Emirates and Swiss Air KLM Royal Dutch Airlines fly from large cities in United States through Amsterdam up to Dar es Salaam as well as Kilimanjaro.South African Airlines fly from US through Johannesburg to DAR es Salaam
You can also reach Tanzania through African Regional Cities, served by Nationwide Airlines, Air Tanzania, Air Kenya, Air Zimbabwe, South African Airways, Egypt Air, Kenya Airways and Ethiopian Air Lines
There are four main International Airports inside Tanzania;
* Kilimanjaro (JRO); 45 minutes drive to Arusha town
* Dar es Salaam (DAR); 10 mins drive to city
* Mwanza (MWZ); 10 mins from City
* Zanzibar (ZNZ); 10 mins from Stone town.
Passports or Visas
Most visitors require visas with the exception of citizens of certain countries of the Commonwealth.
The majority of visitors need visas except for citizens of particular countries of Commonwealth.
It is best to obtain them ahead of time from Embassies as well as High Commissions as various Airlines prefer to do so then before departure.
Visa can as well be acquired on arrival at Kilimanjaro plus Dar es Salaam airports as well as at the Namanga Gate along the Tanzania-Kenya border. A single entry visa goes for USD 50. Needs may change therefore you are encouraged to contact the suitable diplomatic / consular authority before finalizing your arrivals.
Even though section of the union of Tanzania and Zanzibar remains independent, Tanzania visas plus passports are needed even on a visit of one day.
Visitors coming from countries have been infected with cholera plus yellow fever should present international certificate of vaccination, this is very important for those coming from nearby African countries.
The department of health in UK suggests vaccinations against typhoid, hepatitis A as well as polio. It is crucial for visitors to receive a dose of anti malaria tablets, beginning 2 weeks before travelling.
Contemporary medical services are offered in Dar es Salaam as well as other main cities. There are just a few chemists in the Tanzania, therefore visitors are recommended to carry their personal medicines.
You can go for a Tanzania safari at anytime of the year, but the best months to go are between June and December. During the high season, hotels and lodges are more expensive due to the demand. During the low season, you can get a better safari deal to any destination.
Tanzania is a country that does not experience winter. Temperatures within Northern Tanzania vary from 60 to 75 Degrees Fahrenheit throughout the day and 40 to 50 Degrees Fahrenheit at nighttime from May up to October. In November up to March, day time temperature differs from 70 to 90 Degrees Fahrenheit and then 60 and 75 Degrees Fahrenheit during the night. Remember that the weather is greatly unstable.
On your packing list, u remember your binoculars, camera plus camcorder for nice photography and also take a torch to find your path around the camp during the night. Carry along some replacement batteries during your trip. Take insect repellent, sunglasses, lip balm, a hat plus sun lotion and other practicalities. For preparation purposes, you need to purchase these in time.
* It is advisable to carry any medicines necessary for the time period of your Tanzania safari.
* Although travelers cheques can be changed in towns plus cities, banking facilities in rural areas are limited, so take enough cash.
* Take ample film; it’s challenging to acquire outside centers.
* An extra set of spectacles or contact lenses is as well a wonderful idea.
Some Air charters restrict the luggage to a maximum of 10 to 15 kg, therefore endeavor to travel light.
Take with you an additional bag if you have additional items to be kept during a scheduled trip.
English is broadly spoken however a few Swahili words are usually appreciated.
* The Tanzania Shilling is the unit of currency and it is separated in to 100 cents.
* Don’t change your money on the street regardless of how low the rates may be.
* The majority of main currencies especially US Dollars, Euros plus Pounds; cash as well as travelers cheques are allowed and are exchangeable at banks as well as the bureau de change within the large towns plus tourist regions
* Import plus Export of Tanzanian currency is unlawful.
* Credit cards aren’t broadly allowed and offer bad exchange rates.
* Visitors may bring in any quantity of foreign currency, and no currency declaration is needed.
* Maintain demarcated tracks so as not to damage the vegetation.
* Do not leave your car while in the parks with the exception of specified places.
* Maintain your distance away from wild animals and be silent to prevent upsetting them. Always at all times follow the instructions of the ranger or your guide
* It is advisable to spend additional time in fewer parks. You’ll observe more and will not go back home tired.
* Tanzania is very large so travel by road can be exhausting bafaut this is exciting especially if you are on a Tanzania safari adventure.
Tanzania is not very cold therefore we recommend lightweight clothing. Do away with brightly colored clothes while on safari, because these may distress the animals. Preferably carry along khaki, Browns plus beiges. Short sleeve shirts plus blouses as well as shorts are perfect, and also remember to carry a sweater since it may be very cold in the early morning or in the evening.
Put on a hat to protect against sun-stroke and remember to bring a swimsuit. Your shoes must be strong enough.
To climb Mt Kilimanjaro or Mountain Meru carry along thermal underwear, sturdy boots, a rain jacket plus good socks.
Women are allowed to wear shorts however they shouldn’t be very short.
Women must carry a drape to cover themselves in towns or in villages since revealing clothes are offensive to the locals particularly in Zanzibar as well as other Muslim regions. On the beach as well as in the confines of beach-hotels, you are free to wear swimwear however nudity is not allowed.
How Much should I Tip? This is not obligatory however a tip for outstanding service will certainly be appreciated. Tip of $10 to $15 each day for drivers plus tour guides however remember big tips can make it challenging for the next client.
You’re greatly recommended to have your personal insurance to cover medical, travel, accident, baggage and personal injury.
Pictures and Photography
It is not allowed to take pictures of government facilities, State house, soldiers, airports, border post, police stations, police or military installations.
Remember to get information from your driver-guide before you take pictures. When on safari, ensure you get a way of safeguarding your camera from the dust. Since most of the game viewing is done early in the morning and also late in the afternoon, then 100 / 200 ASA film is best recommended. A telephoto or zoom lens is recommended.
Is it safe to travel to Tanzania at any time of the year, Visit our blog for current news and information about various destinations within Tanzania.
Just in most of the main international cities, rational security measures must be observed. Closely watch your purses, cameras, handbags, and wallets. Do not wear expensive or flamboyant jewelry.
It is recommended to hire a taxi in case you want to move around during the night particularly for your own safety, avoid dark streets plus deserted lanes.
In case you’re with our driver-guides then it is recommended to leave your cameras plus other gadgets with him as you walk around.